Re: [EXIM] transport_filter for incoming SMTP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Alexander Koch
Cc: Greg A. Woods, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] transport_filter for incoming SMTP

Alexander Koch <exim-users@???> wrote:
} On Fri, 16 October 1998 10:06:21 -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
} > The Open Relay Blocking System reduces the bandwidth consumed even by
} > innocent relay hosts to the bare minimum SMTP handshake necessary to
} > brush them off. See http://dorkslayers.com/orbs/.
}
} That thing is a major pain..
} Say you have many customers with a dialup account, from a /27 to
} a /29, feeding all of them with bsmtp (I *love* Exim). Clueless
} ppl running M Sex Change or that Lotus Domino thingy or Netrape
} Mail Server. All open relays and only a handful of our customers
} are being dialed by us.
} It all worked smoothly. Until then...

Dorkslayers use a recognisable sender address in their probe messages.
Block it, and they can't relay through you at all :-)
[Since they managed to block us for dynamic IP dialup users working
through our mail servers and are too bloody minded to take comments on
this, or inform people that they are being blocked, I feel no problem with
bludgening their system somewhat. It was a nice idea but too crude in
implementation and policy.]

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]