[EXIM] Rewriting and prefixes

Author: David Sheryn
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Rewriting and prefixes
Folks,

I have a director whose execution I would like to control by means of a
prefix. No problem here. However, it is highly desireable to remove the prefix
before delivering the mail, such that mail addressed to
<prefix-mailname@???> appears, once delivered, as though it had been
sent to <mailname@???>[1].

I can't do this using the rewriting rules (since they've already been applied
at message arrival time and so would have already stripped the prefix). Has
anyone got any bright ideas on how I might achieve this or can point out some
glaring ommission on my part ?

What I'd really like to be able to do is say something like:-

    rewrite = "prefix-(.*)@city.ac.uk    $1@???    tT"

in the appropriate director or transport. Hint, hint ;-)

Thanks,

DHS

[1] People muttering "security through obscurity" here aren't a million miles
off, undesirable though this approach is...

-- David Sheryn <D.H.Sheryn@???> Postmaster, Computing Services
-- City University, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB
-- Phone: (+44) 171 477 8000 Direct 0171 477 8196 Fax: 0171 477 8565