Re: [EXIM] smartuser and hosts line

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Grant Kaufmann
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] smartuser and hosts line
On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Grant Kaufmann wrote:

> I'm using a smartuser director that calls a smtp
> transport.

Fine. You want to send mail for addresses that the director handles to
some remote host.

> "remote_smtp_x transport called with no hosts set"
> My smtp transport contains only the "driver = smtp" line,

... so, where do you expect the identity of the remote host to be
obtained from?

> and if I explicitly provide a "hosts =" line, everything
> works fine, but this means that I'm using a smarthost
> to deliver my mail, which is undesirable.

Which begs the question: what do you really want to do with messages
that hit this smartuser director?

> Ideally I'd like the smtp transport to do the same as the
> router in doing a lookuphost.

I'm confused. You have got an address that you are treating as local,
because the domain is in local_domains (I presume), but you want it to
be handled as a remote address. Why have you made the domain local?
Can you not just leave the domain out of local_domains, in which case
the lookuphost router will handle it?

Let me take a guess: you have some domain for which you want to pick off
*some* of the local parts and handle them locally, and treat the
remainder as for a remote host. Is that right? If so, the way to do it
is *not* to have the domain in local_domains, but to set up the first
router like this:

special_local:
driver = domainlist
local_parts = whatever...
domains = whatever...
route_domain = * localhost byname
self = local

That will pick off those addresses that match and hand them to the
directors. The remainder will fall through to the other routers.