[EXIM] Frozen messages "Unable to get root..."

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Frozen messages "Unable to get root..."
I'm running exim 2.02 under Soalris (for this particular case) and
getting occasional (a few a day) frozen messages in the queue. The
associated messages in the panic log are of the form:

1998-10-13 15:51:30 <message-id> Unable to get root to set uid and gid for local delivery to <username>: uid=82 euid=82

for various values of <username>. If I thaw them manually with
"exim -Mt ..." and rerun the queue as root with "exim -q" then they
go through fine and are delivered without trouble. The uid and gid
of 82 above are the uid and gid for my exim_user and exim_group
settings. Has anyone seen this sort of problem? What part of my
configuration file might I send to help someone pinpoint the problem?
Would the output of "exim -d9 -q" be helpful when such a
situation happens again? Since I can't reproduce the problem at will,
I'm afraid I can't use "exim -d9" to demonstrate the problem actually
in progress.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>