Re: [EXIM] Aliasfiles, an interesting change...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: hamster
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: J.Goldberg, Hamster, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Aliasfiles, an interesting change...
Philip Hazel wrote...
> On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

[...]
> > What you had before never should have worked, but it appears that some
> > sloppiness was allowed in alias files. Guess it no longer is.
>
> It isn't documented (but I have a note to say that it should be) that
> white space is acceptable as a terminator for keys in lsearched files as

That's what I thought was the case from reading the list.

[...]
> However, there was a change in Exim 2.03 to allow spaces *before* the
> optional colon, e.g.
>
> postmaster   :    joe, bill, bob

> I do not seem to have recorded why this change was made: the only note
> in the ChangeLog is

IIRC this was to do with compatability with some sendmail variants, I
could be wrong of course.

[...]
> I obviously overlooked the fact that allowing spaces means that you
> *must* put in the colon if the data part of the record starts with a
> colon. I will stress this point when the manual gets revised.

As long as I know I'm not loosing my mind ;)

    Mark

--
Mark Lowes <hamster@???>            http://hamster.wibble.org/
Wibble.org                    http://www.wibble.org/