[EXIM] No delivery to/from usernames containing a number - E…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alistair Young
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] No delivery to/from usernames containing a number - Exim on Solaris 2.6

Around four months ago, I installed Exim 1.92 on an Ultra 5 running
Solaris 2.6 as the mail server for the school I'm currently working
at. For that time, it's been working quite happily doing both internal
mail and then later Internet mail for the staff (who all have
three-character, alphabetic-only usernames).

Recently, however, we've been wanting to give selected pupils e-mail
accounts also. Now, they have for various reasons longer usernames
which include last digit of the year they entered the school - for
example, 'z4Djas' or 'z6Mef', and for some reason Exim doesn't seem to
recognise that they exist when delivering mail (or verifying the
source of mail), failing with an 'unknown local-part' error returned
from localuser.

Unfortunately, everything else in the system (passwd, finger, etc,
etc.) will quite happily acknowledge the existence of said users; and
I do know that it's not just down to the difference between staff and
pupil user accounts, as the test pupil account 'ztestp', which apart
from lacking the number in the username is identical to the other
pupil accounts is recognised/delivered to by Exim.

I tried upgrading to 2.05, of course, but that didn't make any
noticeable difference.

Now, before I waste bandwidth appending the full config file, etc. to
the list, does anyone have any ideas? After all, I surely can't be the
first one to try using numeric usernames, so I suspect it's either my
error somewhere or else a known problem...

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

--
Computational Thaumaturge  --  Sysimperator, dominus retis deusque machinarum.
e-mail: avatar-sig@???      WWW: http://www.arkane.demon.co.uk/