Re: How to remove the [EXIM] from the subject?

Author: Ben Smithurst
To: Philip Hazel, Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: How to remove the [EXIM] from the subject?
Philip Hazel wrote:

> > You can use the exim filter "pipe" command to pipe the e-mail
> > message to a simple perl script which will do
> > s/^(Subject:.+)\[EXIM\]\s*/$1/;
> > the first time it sees it and save the message to your mailbox.
>
> Watch out! If you do this, you will have to take precautions to lock
> your mailbox between simultaneous invocations of this script.

Surely the best[1] way would be to have the perl script give it back to
Exim, with something like this to prevent loops:

if $sender_address is "exim-users-request@???" and
$h_subject contains "[EXIM]" then
pipe to your script
endif

Now why didn't I think of using Perl, I may try this myself.

[1] OK, `easiest', not `best', but I'm lazy

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@??? : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)