[EXIM] The Exim Makefile

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] The Exim Makefile
"All you need to do is type `make'." Well, that was the idea, but there
have been an annoying trickle of problems on various systems. The
current scheme builds the make file if it needs to be (re)built, and
then carries on to call "make" recursively to run the new makefile. On
some systems (e.g. Solaris) this seems to work, but on others the
recursion causes strange problems and weird errors, and in fact there
has to be some nasty kludgery in the makefile even for those systems
where it works.

The remedy on problem systems is to use

make makefile
make

instead of just "make". In other words, run make twice serially rather
than recursively. I am considering revamping the makefile so that it
will be mandatory to use two commands like that. (It should be possible
to get it to output instructions if you run "make" when the makefile
needs rebuilding.)

If anyone has any comments/ideas/objections, please let me know.