Re: [EXIM] I'm confused with anti-spam and relaying options

Author: Andromeda
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] I'm confused with anti-spam and relaying options
At 12:48 07/10/1998 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>It means that the director or router is used only when verifying
>incoming addresses, not when actually directing or routing an address

Ok, so I can use verify_only to make sure that email is not sent to
friend@??? just to use it as a relay?

>... running on your host, or running on some other host? If the latter,
>is the set of hosts limited somehow, or not? This is where the problems
>lie.

Running on some other host somewhere else. The users could be on dialup on
the other side of the country.

>That's where you have to set up suitable directors/routers to do the
>validation.

I see... that is I guess what I don't know how to do. Any hints or
suggestions from the rest of the mailing list?

> verify_sender (if necessary)
> no_more
> file = /etc/$domain-aliases

Perfect... then I can look up how we did it with the virtual domain
directors that are currently in place (a friend helped with that almost a
year ago).

>exim -bv address-to-be-verified
>
>That will verify as a recipient. Use -bvs to verify a sender. Use -d (or
>-d2, -d4 ... -d9) to get additional debugging information. See also the
>debug_print option.

Thanks Philip :)

I appreciate it. I'll experiment with this.

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =