Re: [EXIM] I'm confused with anti-spam and relaying options

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andromeda
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] I'm confused with anti-spam and relaying options
At 11:56 07/10/1998 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>There's confusion here. The RBL checks *hosts*, not domains. I presume
>what you mean is if the host is acceptable, you want to do checks on the

Yes. That is exactly what I meant.

>sender address. Exim can do this (for the envelope sender) by what it
>calls "verification", enabled by setting sender_verify. If you make all

AFAIK this is in place by default. But sender_verify only sends a 4xx error
code, does it not? Or am I totally wrong here?

>options such as verify_only to arrange to use different ones for
>verification than for delivery if you want to. For non-local domains,

What does verify_only do?

>Er, doesn't this just amount to a normal delivery of known local
>recipients? Setting receiver_verify checks validity at SMTP time.

Ok. That is one thing I was looking for :) - I'll look in the documentation
what receiver_verify does :)

>The real problem is determining what is meant by "incoming" and
>"outgoing". The only possible definition of "outgoing" that gives an
>answer *before* checking the sender is "comes from certain IP
>addresses", but you have said you don't want to do that.

I guess by outgoing I mean if one of my users sends mail (using a MUA).
Incoming is mail inbound for my user. I guess the boundaries between
incoming and outgoing are blurred, depending on the perspective.

>If you want to be able to relay any message from certain senders at any
>IP address, you can set

Ok... I might be able to use relay_match_host_or_sender, but I need to
verify that the sender part is ANY valid user in the $domain-aliases file.
That I don't know how to do. How would I split the address on the left and
the right of the @-sign (e.g. localpart@domain) and then search for the
localpart in the $domain-aliases file?

>sender_address_relay = patterns to match valid addresses
>relay_match_host_or_sender

I appreciate your help in this... it'll allow me to help others in the
future too :)

Thanks Philip.

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =