Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: pollywog, exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Pollywog wrote:
>
> > ->sender_reject_recipients = ^.*[0-9]{3}@
> >
> > I like this one. Would it work if I put that in my external
> > file of recipients, with partial-DBM type search?
>
> I'm not sure; it certainly didn't work for lsearch. I haven't got round
> to investigating different lookup methods properly yet, and the chapter
> of the spec about it confused me :-(

It would work if you put it in an @@-style search file. That is, you have
something like

sender_reject_recipients = @@cdb*;/etc/mail/exim/sender_reject_bydomain.cdb

and in the (source of) the file you have lines like

hotmail.com ^.*[0-9]{3}$ : <other patterns to block at hotmail.com> : ...

See other examples in section 7.14. Note that AOL guarantee that
none of their genuine addresses ever start with a digit, so

aol.com       ^\d

is useful. Many genuine local parts end with digits, so that isn't
really a good idea.