Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: larrywyb, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:
larrywyb@??? wrote:

> Also is it true that I can setup a file with lots of these domains in it and
> reject tons of thier garbage?

You can also use regular expressions to bar mail. For example,

sender_reject_recipients = ^.*[0-9]{2}@(hotmail|aol)\.com$

would reject all mail with a local-part ending in two digits from Shitmail
or AOL. Very useful, they're nearly all spamming fuckwits. Or ...

sender_reject_recipients = ^.*[0-9]{3}@

which would reject mail with local-parts ending in three digits from
_any_ domain. You should probably be careful with that, there are bound
to be genuine addresses matching that. (ph10@???... would if it had
one more digit, for example.)

> Forgive me if these are very simple questions but spec.txt is a very big
> file and having never setup a mail transport agent before, I am having to
> also try and understand some of the language, which does make things a
> little slower.

Just be grateful you haven't got to try to understand Sendmail's
config file :-)

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@??? : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)