Re: [EXIM] Exim and "Unified Domain-Wide POP Account"

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Scott Hanson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim and "Unified Domain-Wide POP Account"
Ben Smithurst (ben@???) wrote
>Scott Hanson wrote:
>
>> Is anyone doing anything like this with exim? How can I best implement this?
>> I'm using exim with Debian Linux.
>
>Won't Envelope-To: suffice? If that mailer needs X-Real-To:, you could
>try something like this on the local_delivery transport:
>
>headers_add = $h_envelope-to
>
>to duplicate the Envelope-To: header. I'm not sure that would work though,
>the header may not be seen before it's delivered. It may be easier to
>to edit the code and replace Envelope-To: with X-Real-To:, look around
>line 433 of transport.c, assuming that's the only place it's used.

The Envelope-To: header could very well suffice. I was too busy trying to
think of a fancy rewrite rule that I missed the obvious! (The name of the
header with the envelope information doesn't matter, as long as I know what
it is.)

I don't control the machine hosting the POP account to which the domain
mail is being sent, so if they mangle the Envelope-To: header, I might have
to copy it to something else. I'll ask again on the list if I get stuck....

Scott
--
Scott Hanson
<shanson@???>