Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:

Author: Philip Hazel
To: larrywyb
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] A few easy questions (:
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998 larrywyb@??? wrote:

> IF I want to reject mail from an entire domain, is it true that I can put
> this in the configure file:
>
> sender_host_reject_recipients = hotmail.com
>
> And that will stop all mail from that domain?

No. That will reject mail from that *host*. What you want is

sender_reject_recipients = hotmail.com

> Also is it true that I can setup a file with lots of these domains in it and
> reject tons of thier garbage?

Yes.

> IF so how do I tell the configure file how to
> find this file for searching.

Depends on how you want to set up the file. If it is just a simple
linear list, one domain per line, then use

sender_reject_recipients = lsearch;/the/name/of/the/file

> I will be happy with the chapter numbers from the spec.txt doc.

7.14 for definition of "address list"; chapter 6 for details of
different kinds of lookup. The third bullet of 7.14 may be of interest
if you want to set up large lists of local-part/domain rejections.