Re: [EXIM] wish list: exit number translation ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] wish list: exit number translation ?
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > I think James has a good idea here, have a standard db file for sysexits
> > codes and be able to define more of your own for anything else ...
>
> This worries me because of the creeping featurism aspect of it. Seems a
> fairly large hammer for quite a small nut.

Well, at this point my alternative is hacking procmail, cygnus, etc, etc,
to return some useful error message along with the code.
If you've seen the procmail code you'd understand why I really don't want
to do that.

Something to return sysexits messages (even a "the usual reason for this
is ..." type message) would be fine with me, it just seemed useful.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???