Re: [EXIM] Restricting connections from a single IP address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: eml
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Restricting connections from a single IP address
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> We have recently hit problems with someone doing a denial of service on
> our servers by opening a few hundred simultaneous connections to our boxes.
>
> I'm considering the idea of having a mechanism for enforcing a maximum
> number of connections from a specific IP, however this feels like a
> significant change to exim (keeping per connection state in the central
> daemon, mopping up when children die etc).
>
> Any comments?

Hello Nigel,

In this particular case, shouldn't it be the easiest way just to block the
moron out there via router configuration?
If someone would harrass me with DoS attacks, I'd be glad to stop him at
the first point possible.
Btw in this case the problem becomes that of the networking department :)

just my $0.02
Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)

"In der Wueste wird Euch die Reinheit des Denkens naehren" A. Schoenberg