[EXIM] Exim and "Unified Domain-Wide POP Account"

Author: Scott Hanson
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Exim and "Unified Domain-Wide POP Account"
Hello,

My customer uses the Macintosh E-Mail package "CommuniGate"
(http://www.stalker.com) to manage their local mail. They are only
intermittantly connected to the Internet via PPP, and would like to
retrieve all the mail for their domain from a single POP account.

Apparently, CommuniGate can manage this on their end if the original
envelope recipient is inserted into a 'X-Real-To' or 'X-Apparently-To'
header. They even suggest a sendmail configuration for what they call a
"Unified Domain-Wide POP Account":

># This file adds special headers with the `X-Real-To' keyword.
># The special headers will be added to all messages routed to the
># mailer that marked with the `T' flag in the sendmail configuration.
>#
>divert(0)
>VERSIONID(`@(#)xrealto.m4       0.1 (Gamma Ltd.) 1/4/96')

>divert(9)
># add the X-Real-To: header field to the letter
># if the mailer is marked with the `T' flag
>H?T?X-Real-To: $u
>divert(0)

Is anyone doing anything like this with exim? How can I best implement this?
I'm using exim with Debian Linux.

Thanks,

Scott
--