[EXIM] NFS-mounted mail spool on Linux 2.0.32 RedHat 5.0 OK?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ben Parker
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] NFS-mounted mail spool on Linux 2.0.32 RedHat 5.0 OK?

I'm enjoying exim (2.04) - it seems to fit my needs very well. Thanks to
the developers. Here is my question:

Is it a "bad idea" to let more than one server append mail to a shared
NFS-mounted /var/spool/mail/user mail spool directory.? I want to
introduce the new exim-based server gradually, so if I could let it
deliver "local" mail to the NFS mount, as well as let the creaking old
mail server do it too (on its local drive), my transition could be more
gradual. I gather that NFS is a bit weak in Linux, and I haven;'t dared do
the patch in the README as it seemed rather old, but it's too late to
change the Linux basis of the LAN. The mailboxes in /var/spool/mail are
accessed by users on Pine over IMAP during the course of things too. How
can be sure that dot-locking (which I presume is what I need) or whatever
is a) working and b) being used by everything?

Thanks,

Ben
Nairobi