[EXIM] Autoresponder From addresses and other questions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Autoresponder From addresses and other questions
This should be easy, and is a common enough task.

I would like to set up filters and autoresponders for various functional
email aliases, like webmaster, abuse, etc. Mail to those addresses should
have their own autoresponses and pass mail on to real users. My first
thought was to have a forwardfile directory for this functional aliases
that looks in some directory, say /var/adm/mail/forwardfiles and put
in an # Exim filter for each one of the ones I want to catch.

So something like

functional_filters:
    driver = forwardfile
    check_local_user = false
    filter = true
    file_directory = /var/adm/mail/forwardfiles
    file = ${local_part}.forward

Now if I set up a file, /var/adm/mail/forwardfiles/webmaster.forward

with something like

=========================
# Exim filter
if error_message then finish endif

if (personal alias webmaster) then
     mail
     subject "Autoreply: Your mail to webmaster Re $h_subject"
     file webmaster.response
     log webmaster.log
endif

deliver J.Goldberg@???
deliver S.Body-esle@???

Note that there will be not be a user in passwd called webmaster.
There may be a dozen or so such addresses.

My questions are

       (1) Is this a reasonable approach to this sort of thing?
       (2) How do I control the From line for these?
       (3) Can I set a different From line for each one of these
           or must I use the same from (say "nobody") for all of the
           ones in the same directory.
       (4) Is there anyway to set the Reply-To for the autoresponses?
       (5) Are the mail response and log files relative to the
           file_directory?
       (6) Are there any significant differences between 1.92 and 2.03
           with respect to any of these?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814