Re: [EXIM] permissions/ownership

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Julian
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] permissions/ownership

> On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Julian wrote:
>
> > I have, but in case I have missed something..
> > (incidentally if I set the file 666 I get 'wrong mode' (no surprise there)
> > if I set it 660 I get permission denied again.
>
> Weird. I can't think what to suggest. I suppose a small program that
> runs as Exim and tries to open that file (i.e. entirely outside Exim's
> code) would determine if the problem is nothing to do with Exim.
>
> Is NFS involved at all?

No nfs. I could run something as exim.. hold on.

Ok, I wrote a small program to test it. It appears not to be an exim problem
err, in fact I have a handle on what is wrong.. Arrgh. Ok, it was my fault
and the fact that I am (partially) running NIS on the machine. I'll
go commit suicide right now before I die of embarrassment.

Julian