Re: [EXIM] procmail call from .forward in exim

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Vadim Vygonets
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] procmail call from .forward in exim
Quoth Pollywog on Sat, Sep 26, 1998:
> >1. Don't use procmail -- you already have the exim mail filter,
> > don't you?
>
> Yes, I just wanted to try procmail. I find it easier to use
> procmail's filtering because I do not yet understand how to
> filter with Exim-style filters.

Then, do not use the Exim-style filter. I mean, why use both, if
Exim supports regular .forward mechanism?

Here is an example of exim filter:

----- Start .forward -----
# Exim filter

if error_message then finish endif

if $local_part_suffix is "-bsdi" then
    save $home/Mail/bsdi
endif

    save $home/Mail/exim
endif

if delivered then finish endif
----- End .forward -----

The above is a cut-out version of my .forward file. I used to
use procmail before we installed exim.

Yes, and, as you can see above, we allow the local part suffixes
starting with dash ('-'). So I'm subscribed to several mailing
lists as "vadik-SOMETHING@???". I've seen people using
suffixes starting with '+'. A good one would be "$" -- it
confuses spammers, for some reason.

Vadik, feeling pretty happy with the daemon.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.