[EXIM] permissions/ownership

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Julian
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [EXIM] permissions/ownership

Hi,

No doubt I am forgetting something, but I'm ill, and that is my excuse :-)

I duplicated a setup from one machine to another. Or rather, I
compiled up the latest exim, and copied the config file across,
however the behaviour appears to be different between the two.

Abbreviated, the new machine appears to require that the aliases files
are owned by exim, whereas the old one didn't care so long as it could
read them.

LOG: 0 MAIN
== majordomo@??? D=majordomo_aliases defer (-18): failed to open /usr/majordomo-lists/getting.bored/aliases/aliases for linear search: Permission denied (euid=25 egid=25)

If I chown the files to 25:25 it is fine, but I need them to be
125:25

Am I being stupid and it is something obvious, or do you need more
information?

Julian