Re: [EXIM] Email clients that confirm receipt?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: kevin
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Email clients that confirm receipt?
At 03:41 AM 9/24/98 , Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>[Chant: its an MUA issue, its an MUA issue, thou shalt not defile the MTA
>by putting MDNs in it, its an MUA issue.]
>
>[in case you didn't notice, I think its an MUA issue]

I see that as the only way of implementing this feature. I tested the
"return receipt" option in Eudora Pro 4.1. Here is the response I get:
The message you sent on Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:53:21 -0500 regarding "test"
has been displayed by kevin.
The MTA has no way of knowing when a message was displayed or viewed by
it's intended recipient. Let's leave it up to the MUA and forget about it.

---
kevin                Quake is law.

The opossum is a very sophisticated animal. It doesn't even get up
until 5 or 6 PM.