著者: V. T. Mueller
To: Philip Hazel
CC: V. T. Mueller, eml
題目: Re: [EXIM] use of network names
On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:
> (1) I've never had anything to do with /etc/networks. Does its syntax
> support the modern idea of a classless network such as
> 131.111.10.128/25? That is, if you entered 131.111.10.128 would it infer
> the /25?

Despite the fact that HP-UX actually supports nothing "modern" at all :)
the following excerpt from networks(4) makes me think it indeed does not:
      Network numbers can be specified in conventional Internet dot
notation
      using the inet_network() routine from the internet address
      manipulation library (see inet(3N).  Network names can contain any
      printable character other than a white space, new-line, or comment
      character.

> (3) Do all Unixes have the getnetbyname() function?

Recent versions of Solaris, Linux, AIX and even HP-UX :) do, I can't tell
about others. But those mentioned seem to be a vast majority(?).

Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)

"In der Wueste wird Euch die Reinheit des Denkens naehren" A. Schoenberg