Re: [EXIM] Delay delivering local mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mitch
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Ben Smithurst, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Delay delivering local mail
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

> Indeed. There had been reports of problems in the situation described
> when a zillion mail messages pour in over a short period, especially on
> relay systems where each delivery process might take a bit of time. This
> option was an attempt to alleviate the problem.

I add this with a certain amount of diffidence 'cos I'm not sure it's
relevant but ....

...for reasons which are irrelevant here, I pick up mail on scheduled
runs overnight wth mailtraq under Windoze.

I wrote a Perl script which (when I reboot to Linux) grabs those messages
and pipes them into exim, which promptly 'mis-behaved' if there was a large number.

Ben wrote me a patch which solved the problem. I will leave it to him to
explain what that patch does ..

--
Mitch