Re: [EXIM] Delay delivering local mail

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ben Smithurst
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Mike McEwan, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [EXIM] Delay delivering local mail
Mike McEwan wrote:

> "2. The option smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

I think someone was trying to win the prize for `longest option name
ever' there ...

> (default value 10) limits the
> number of delivery processes that Exim starts automatically when receiving
> messages via SMTP. If the value of the option is greater than zero, and the
> number of messages received in a single SMTP session exceeds this number,
> subsequent messages are placed on the spool, but no delivery process is
> started.

*grumble* *shuffles about uncomfortably*

Good point :-)

Why can't this default to zero ... ? I assume it's a new option, and the
way I see it, new options should default to the old behaviour, IYSWIM.

just my 2p, anyway.

> This helps to limit the number of Exim processes when a server
> restarts after downtime and there is a lot of mail waiting for it on other
> systems.

Ah, that might explain why it defaults to what it is now :-)

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@??? : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)