Re: [EXIM] Defunct process on exim 2.04

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Imran Zalfackruddin
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Defunct process on exim 2.04
On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Imran Zalfackruddin wrote:

> I am running exim 2.04 on Solaris 2.51. I have it started via
> /etc/rc.2/S88sendmail. What I noticed is that after a short while I get
> the following: What is causing this <defunct> process ??? - I don't
> recall seeing this behaviour with 2.03 or 2.02.

Nothing has changed in 2.04 in this regard. On a system that is not very
busy, you do sometimes see a single defunct process that hangs around
until something wakes the daemon up, at which point the daemon tidies it
away. There is nothing to worry about.

> Also, if I stop exim and restart it I always get this <defunct> process

That will be the queue runner that gets started when the daemon starts.