Re: [EXIM] Support for username+extension@domain.com?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tabor J. Wells
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Support for username+extension@domain.com?
On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> One of our customers is looking for us to support addresses of the form
> username+extension@???, primarily for use with procmail (I'll
> enclose the section of the procmail documentation that details it's use in
> sendmail). Has anyone done this already?
>
> If not, does anyone have any suggestions? I can probably handle the
> actualy delivery part, but configuring our relays to handle it has me
> stumped. The problem is that our relays look up the incoming address and
> rewrite the envelope-to to redirect it to the server containing their
> mailbox. So user@??? might be rewritten as
> differentuser@???. How would I do the lookup for
> user@??? in the domain.com database while holding onto +extension
> and then rewrite the address so that it is
> differentuser+extension@???.

Look up the "prefix" and "suffix" options of directors. A smartuser
director with options along the lines of

  suffix = +extension
  new_address = some kind of lookup to get the rewrite, and then
                manipulation involving the use of $local_part_suffix
                to put the extension back. Depending on your lookup,
                could be messy...

might do the trick.