著者: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Pipe transport
On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, John Horne wrote:

>     Child process of md_archive_pipe transport returned 69 from command:
>     "/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -f
> /usr/local/majordomo/archive/test/test -a -m"

> So, can any kind soul tell me what '69' means - and, for future reference,
> where on earth do I find these error codes? (The FAQ gave me some ideas -
> 'pipe_as_creator', 'currect_directory', etc - but nothing seems to make much
> difference.)

In general, a returned value from a command can mean anything the
command choses it to mean. The only absolutely fixed value is zero,
meaning "success". In practice, some commands choose to follow the
values in /usr/include/sysexits.h.

Based on this, the Exim pipe transport uses 69 (EX_UNAVAILABLE) if it is
unable to exec the command.