[EXIM] Spam trouble

Author: C Foster
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Spam trouble
Hi all, hopefully a quick question. A couple of our users have
received some junk this morning that purports to come from themselves,
ie. the envelope sender is a forged but genuine local address.

eg.

1998-09-17 06:15:35 0zJWPm-0002J6-00 < zzz9@??? H=mcb.mcb.co.uk
[193.130.114.132] P=smtp S=901 id=199809170611.GAA03632@??? T="SUCCESS
IS A CHOICE!" from <zzz9@???> for zzz9@???

The other was received from apnet.com.

I know this sort of thing isn't uncommon, but I find it irks more
when the sender is just a rubbish (but verifiable) address.
Question is, is there anything I can do about it? I think not,
but I'm willing to be educated.

This is exim 1.90. I already use:

receiver_try_verify
sender_try_verify
relay controls are enabled, and I have a few sender_reject_recipients.

That's about it.

Thanks

Craig

Dr Craig Foster                                 c.foster@???
Systems Management                                  0116 252 2245
University of Leicester Computer Centre     Leicester LE1 7RH, UK