Re: [EXIM] pop daemon

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: iqbal
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] pop daemon
On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> } also does it handle large (say 50000+) number of users, without an
> } appreciable speed difference
> The bottleneck is not in the pop daemon. You need to look at your
> authentication mechanism and filesystem layout, to name just 2 significant
> items in performance tuning of large mail systems.

I know you can hack UW ipop3d to talk to MySql.

The basic advice on planning your file systems is to try and spread loading
across multiple disks if at all possible, at the very least put logs onto
separate disk space to the data area and outgoing queues again different.

Paul
----
* A third of our time is spent fixing things broken by others, another third *
*    doing real work, and the final third breaking things others will fix    *