Re: [EXIM] Outgoing mail return path

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Outgoing mail return path
Quoth Rufus evison on Fri, Sep 11, 1998:
> How can I allow a user to set the return path on outgoing mail. My problem
> is that many of the cgi scripts on our web server send mails. They all run
> as the same user (www) and sometimes the address they send to is duff, or
> the size of the message is too big for the recipient, or some similare
> problem.

You can make www "trusted" user and let it set the envelope "From ".
Read RFC 822. Return-Path is a header which is to be added at
the final delivery, based on Envelope "From ".

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.