[EXIM] Outgoing mail return path

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rufus evison
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Outgoing mail return path
How can I allow a user to set the return path on outgoing mail. My problem
is that many of the cgi scripts on our web server send mails. They all run
as the same user (www) and sometimes the address they send to is duff, or
the size of the message is too big for the recipient, or some similare
problem. When this happens I want the error message to go to the user who
owns the cgi script, not to www who runs the web server. I initially
thought
that setting the reply to field as the user would cover this, but it
doesn't. Could I put something in the system filter to catch it before it
gets outside, saying if it comes from www set the return path to match the
reply to? I have had a look through the spec, and can see how to use the
return path etc if we were the mta at the other end, but not quite clear
what to do from this end.

Cheers,
Rufus