Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ben Smithurst
Para: Exim users mailing list
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP
Paul Slootman wrote:

> The switching between online and dial-on-demand is done via a command in
> /etc/ppp/ip-up and /etc/ppp/ip-down.
>
> Now, I currently have queue_smtp set, so that exim doesn't immediately
> cause a dialout when a message is sent.

You mean queue_remote, surely? queue_smtp will still cause a DNS lookup
(it does here anyway).

> However, I'd love to see some
> way of telling exim it's ok to immediately deliver a message when the
> connection is up and running (otherwise it'll be queued, and perhaps
> cause a dialout when 'exim -q' is run, and waste money).
>
> I can't currently see how this could be done, short of editing the
> config file every time (yuck!).

What's so yuck? What I do is have something run from ppp.linkup like:

/usr/exim/configure.update queue_remote no_queue_remote

(amongst other things) and from ppp.linkdown which says:

/usr/exim/configure.update no_queue_remote queue_remote

where /usr/exim/configure.update is just a simple script:

#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/exim || exit 1
if [ `grep -c "^$1\$" configure` -eq 1 ]; then
    sed "s/^$1\$/$2/" < configure > tmp
    mv -f tmp configure
    chown exim configure
    chmod 664 configure
    rm -f tmp
fi

Works fine :-) No need for anything in Exim like this.

--
Ben Smithurst : ben@??? : http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)