Re: [EXIM] -oMa and similar, and sender_fullhost, etc.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ian Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] -oMa and similar, and sender_fullhost, etc.
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:

> sendmail -bs -oem -oMa 127.0.0.1 -oMr smtp -oMs localhost -oMt ian

The manual doesn't say so, but in my brain I associated the -oMx options
with non-SMTP message input. Consequently, I am not surprised to learn
that they don't work with -bs.

> I'm going to run with the patch below for a bit, to see how things go.
> I'd appreciate it if you (Philip Hazel) could put some change to
> achieve the effect I'm looking for into the next version. If you like
> the patch below (and the memory management patches I posted earlier)
> I'll get the Debian Exim maintainer to include them straight away.

I will examine the patch in my current round of fixes - there are three
items before it. If it seems reasonable I'll included it in the
forthcoming bug-fixing release.