Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Matthew Adams
Cc: Exim Email List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] sender_verify_except_hosts question
On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Matthew Adams wrote:

> My exim configure file contains the following:-
>
> sender_verify = true
> sender_verify_fixup = true
> headers_check_syntax = true
> headers_sender_verify = true
> headers_sender_verify_errmsg = true
>
> # Following are hosts not verified, iee does not use a valid sender
> sender_verify_except_hosts = "*iee.org.uk"
>
> I have also tried "iee.org.uk" without the "*" in front too, but in
> both cases I get a rejectlog entry:-
>
> 1998-09-08 08:02:36 0zGHnP-0000Dg-00 rejected from punt-11.mail.demon.net [194.217.242.34]: no valid sender in message headers: return path is <nobody@???>
> Recipients: matt@???

I pointed out that this was a failure of headers_sender_verify; Matt
countered by saying that sender_verify_except_hosts is supposed to apply
to that; I agreed and went away to think. On my way home I realized I
had been totally asleep when I originally answered. Here is a better
comment:

sender_verify_except_hosts *does* apply to headers_sender_verify.
However this message was not received from any host that matches
*iee.org.uk. It was received from punt-11.mail.demon.net. Consequently,
the exception does not apply.

I don't think there is anything you can do about this other than devise
a way of rewriting headers in the affected messages, or persuading the
management of iee.org.uk that they should stop sending out malformed
messages.