Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Conor Mc Goveran
Para: Paul Mansfield
CC: Exim users mailing list
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP
Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the reply.

Paul Mansfield wrote:
> beware, MSoft ETRN doesn't send the hash, not RFC compliant!!!
>
> but yes, this is doable...
>
> and you can write a finger daemon too which invokes 'exim -M<domain>'.

Yeah we had come across this MickySoft feature too which seems to have
been fixed in some later version of MS Exchange. We has used the finger
daemon approach before ETRN became an RFC standard and we found it to be
too unreliable and cludgy. I would love to use Exim with split queues so
that we don't end up cloging the queue with lots of messages that are
either frozen of have long retry times.

> > run for its domain. Ideally I would like to have a separate queue per
> > domain but as far as I can tell Exim does not favour this. Also I would
>
> nope, we couldn't make it do this. split_spool_queue option just splits up
> the file space on the basis of messageid.

Ditto.

> > be interested to know if there is a way to freeze messages for these
> > domains as they enter the queue and then to thaw them as the ETRN
>
> queue_only option, and set timers to looooonnnnngggg values!

Again this doesn't ultimately solve the problem of keeping messages
indefinetly, having said that most if not all messages are retrived on a
daily basis...

Regards,
    Conor.