Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Mansfield
To: Conor Mc Goveran
CC: Exim users mailing list
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Dial Up SMTP

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Conor Mc Goveran wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am currently vetting exim as a replacement MTA for sendmail. One
> question I do have is this, does anyone use Exim to provide a dial up
> smtp service. That is to queue mails for specific domains at the
> secondary mail server while the primary is off-line. When the primary
> comes online and prods the primary via the ETRN command to do a queue

beware, MSoft ETRN doesn't send the hash, not RFC compliant!!!

but yes, this is doable...

and you can write a finger daemon too which invokes 'exim -M<domain>'.

> run for its domain. Ideally I would like to have a separate queue per
> domain but as far as I can tell Exim does not favour this. Also I would

nope, we couldn't make it do this. split_spool_queue option just splits up
the file space on the basis of messageid.

> be interested to know if there is a way to freeze messages for these
> domains as they enter the queue and then to thaw them as the ETRN

queue_only option, and set timers to looooonnnnngggg values!

> command is issued. This is to allow messages to be queued indefinitely
> while the primary is off-line. Alternatively has anyone used exim in
> conjunction with batchsmtp for this type of product ?
> Regards,
>     Conor Mc Goveran.

Paul
----
* A third of our time is spent fixing things broken by others, another third *
*    doing real work, and the final third breaking things others will fix    *