[EXIM] DECnet address bouncing on alias ?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Doug S
To: Exim Users
Betreff: [EXIM] DECnet address bouncing on alias ?
This address is in an alias file for a user-maintained list:

LUCY::MARKK@??? (Mark Kenney)

Exim seems to be barfing on the address and freezing the message (which
"looks right" for VMS/DECnet, but I've never actually worked with it).
I didn't see anything in the FAQ.

I tried putting the address in single quotes, and I get this error
message:

1998-09-03 09:01:47 0zEHHk-0008zc-00 == amsa-list@???
D=system_aliases defer (-18): <amsa-list@???> - error in alias
file /etc/aliases: missing or malformed local part (expected word or
"<") in "'LUCY::MARKK@???' (Mark Kenney)"

When I put it in double quotes I got this:

1998-09-03 09:22:03 0zEHHk-0008zc-00 **
"LUCY::MARKK@??? <amsa-list@???>: unknown
local-part "lucy::markk@???" in domain "cc. ysu.edu"

and it bounced right back to the sender. This was definitely worse
than freezing the message, so I took them out.

I've tried switching the order to:

Mark Kenney <LUCY::MARKK@???>

and I get a different error message and frozen mail:

1998-09-03 09:02:59 0zEHHk-0008zc-00 == amsa-list@???
D=system_aliases defer (-18): <amsa-list@???> - error in alias
file /etc/aliases: "@" or "." expected after "LUCY" in "Mark Kenney
<LUCY::MARKK@???>"

Now, what's wrong ? What (if anything) do I do ? (admittedly, the
easiest thing is to silently edit the alias file and remove this
user, but that's not the "right" thing to do, and I've already got
a head-start on my BOFH points for the month).

--
Doug S. (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)

If you get hung up on what you did wrong, you're never gonna get anywhere.
        -- Kenneth Copeland