Re: [EXIM] Procmail IFS error revisited

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Zilbauer
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Procmail IFS error revisited
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Robert Zilbauer wrote:

> One last thing, if you don't mind. I've added the procmail_pipe transport
> as follows:
>
> procmail_pipe:
> driver = pipe
> command = "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}"
> from_hack
> user = exim
>
> Along with the appropriate director:
>
> procmail:
> driver = localuser
> require_files = ${home}/.procmailrc
> transport = procmail_pipe
>
> However, I'm now (understandably) running into permissions problems when
> trying to deliver mail to a user whose home directory is not accessible by
> the general public (i.e., mode 700). Even after removing the "user = exim"
> option in the procmail_pipe transport, delivery to these security
> conscious users results in 'permission denied'.

Hmm. Without "user = exim" it should be running that transport as the
local user, because it came via the localuser director. One way to test
this is to run the delivery with -d2 set. As part of the debugging
output, it will show the uid and gid under which it is running the
transport. So, send a message to a relevent user by

exim -d2 some.user
.

> Is there a way to force this particular transport to deliver as the user?

It should already be doing that, as long as "user = exim" is removed.