[EXIM] Mail not stored in Spool Directory

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: dhammill
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Mail not stored in Spool Directory
I am setting up my first install of exim (version is 2.20)
In following the instructions I copied the EDITME file located in the src subdirectory to the ../Local subdirectory that I created. I then edited the file and specified SPOOL_DIRECTORY=/var/spool/exim
Unfortunately running exim with debug level 9 indicated that exim was attempting to deliver mail to /var/mail rather than /var/spool/exim
I created /var/mail and set its mode to 777 (I know wide open) and exim was able to deliver mail to /var/mail. The issue that I have is that I would like exim to deliver the mail to /var/spool/exim as I thought it was configured to do. NOTE: when I ran make install the /var/spool/exim subdirectory was created and exim is creating exim-daemon.pid-bd in the /var/spool/exim directory.

Ps. I changed the rights of /var/mail to 0750 and I get following error message with debug level 9 on.

== daveh@??? T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: creating lock file hitching post /var/mail/daveh.lock.pool.spearnet.com..35ec4de0.0

Any help would be appreciated