[EXIM] Problem getting Exim to send messages for unknown loc…

Author: Rusty Sand
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Problem getting Exim to send messages for unknown local users to a central server
I'm trying to get Exim to send all mail to unknown $local_part to an
internal mail server using driver=smtp, but unknowns just sit in the
queue. I set this up as per FAQ question Q0403. The spec says
the address is looked up in the DNS. Does this imply that it only
checks with the DNS server & doesn't check /etc/hosts ? I don't
run DNS here, I have all my internal machines listed in /etc/hosts .
Is this more than likely my problem?
What I really want to do is have all unknowns sent to a single
mailbox on the mail machine, but I figured this was a start. That if I
figured it out, I could modify it to eventually get what I want.

Rusty

-=Damien=-