Re: [EXIM] Number of queue runners ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Number of queue runners ?
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > As I understand it, the queue_run_max limits the number of queue run
> Almost right! It limits the number of queue run processes *started by
> one Exim daemon* that can be running simultaneously. (I will make this
> clearer in the manual next time round.)

I'm not doing so well on the list recently :)

> No. There is no central place where the total is kept; it is only when

Hrrrm, I think what I was (mis)remembering was one queue runner per string,
at a time, which has been implemented.

I can't immediately think of a use for limiting the total number of queue
runners (beyond the abstract of not bringing the load up too high) and
it might cause interesting problems if you have someone using ETRN and
the queue runner failed to run.

> the daemon is starting them that it keeps its own total. This feature
> exists for certain types of installation that want to start queue
> runners pretty frequently, or want to control precisely how many
> delivery processes are ever running at once. For example, if you set
> queue_only there is never any immediate delivery; you could then set
> queue_run_max=5 and have a daemon start a queue runner every minute.
> There would then be at most 5 delivery processes ever running.

Thanks for the clear explanation.
I'll go hide somewhere now :)

P.

--