Re: [EXIM] Number of queue runners ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Peter Radcliffe
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Number of queue runners ?
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> As I understand it, the queue_run_max limits the number of queue run
> processes that can be running, it never says start more.

Almost right! It limits the number of queue run processes *started by
one Exim daemon* that can be running simultaneously. (I will make this
clearer in the manual next time round.)

> If you do 'exim -q; exim -q ; exim -q ; exim -q ; exim -q ; exim -q'
> then only 5 should be allowed to run at a time.

No. There is no central place where the total is kept; it is only when
the daemon is starting them that it keeps its own total. This feature
exists for certain types of installation that want to start queue
runners pretty frequently, or want to control precisely how many
delivery processes are ever running at once. For example, if you set
queue_only there is never any immediate delivery; you could then set
queue_run_max=5 and have a daemon start a queue runner every minute.
There would then be at most 5 delivery processes ever running.