[EXIM] Periodic malformed SMTP response

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Elena Blanco
CC: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Periodic malformed SMTP response
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Elena Blanco wrote:

> 1998-08-27 13:05:16 0zC0nk-000674-00 Malformed SMTP response from oxmail1.ox.ac.
> uk [129.67.1.1] after initial connection

Hmm. I should obviously make Exim include what the response actually was
in the message! I've made a note about that. If this problem persists, I
could hack up a patch to get the malformed response logged.

> The outgoing messages are simply queued on sable and ermine until after a few
> minutes (with no intervention) everything returns to normal and oxmail1
> evidently stops giving this "Malformed SMTP response" and processes mail as
> normal.
>
> Have you ever seen this before? Ermine and sable are both on v2.02 whilst
> oxmail1 is on v1.90.

This is the first time I've heard of this one. Which operating systems
are these running under?