Re: [EXIM] Inconsitancy with :fail: in alias

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Inconsitancy with :fail: in alias
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> % bin/exim -bt -v i.csendes@???
> i.csendes@??? is undeliverable:
> forced failure: Address removed around 08/1998. No known forwarding address

> But if I try to deliver mail to that address, I get
>
> 550 Unknown local part i.csendes in <i.csendes@???>

Hmm. There's a logical problem here. The 550 error is the result of
trying to *verify* the address. You should also get a failure for

exim -bv -v i.csendes@???
       ^
       ^

Exim says to itself "this address is going to fail if I try to deliver
to it; therefore verification fails". I suppose it could/should perhaps
be cleverer and put the fail error text into the 550 error message. I've
made a note of that.

If you want to let the address into your system and *then* fail it,
you'll have to have two directors; one with verify_only set to verify
the addresses, e.g.

xxxx:
driver = smartuser
local_parts = lsearch;/your/alias/file
verify_only

and then put no_verify on your existing one to follow, to be used during
delivery.