Re: [EXIM] Exim not bouncing mail to non-exstant accounts?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Jared Proudfoot, Griffiths M (ISaCS)
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Exim not bouncing mail to non-exstant accounts?
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Jared Proudfoot wrote:

> I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that exim doesn't appear to be
> bouncing mail addressed to accounts that don't exist on my system. Instead,
> it seems to queue them and retry every few hours.

What do the Exim logs say about those messages? What is on their message
logs? What happens if you run

exim -d9 -M <message id>

on one of them? The answers to those questions should give clues as to
what is happening.

> Anyone know why it would do this? Something I may have done in the
> configuration?

Probably :-)

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Griffiths M (ISaCS) wrote:

> You need to set 'receiver_verify = true', so any mail to unknown users
> at your site
> will be rejected by Exim with a :550 User Unknown message.

That is true, but not really relevant to the problem. Messages to
unknown users that are on the spool should get bounced. Even with
receiver_verify set, such messages can be generated by local users.