[EXIM] Exim not bouncing mail to non-exstant accounts?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jared Proudfoot
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Exim not bouncing mail to non-exstant accounts?

Greetings,

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that exim doesn't appear to be
bouncing mail addressed to accounts that don't exist on my system. Instead,
it seems to queue them and retry every few hours.

This means if I remove a user, his/her mail will remain cued in the machine
and send out bounces every few hours when it does a retry. This is really
annoying of the use was on multiple mailing lists. I had a case where a site
was being sent almost 1000 bounces a day from a recently deleted account
(actual mailing list traffic was sigificantly less than that).

I'm running exim 1.92 on Redhat Linux 5.1 (2.0.35).

Anyone know why it would do this? Something I may have done in the
configuration?

Thanks,

Jared Proudfoot