Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> How about specifying uid information for filename patterns in the exim
> config file? If an alias expands to a file that fits a pattern
> mentioned in the config, set the mode specified there.

Why do you specifically want to base it on the filename pattern rather
than on the alias name? To do it by the alias name is already possible
via a lookup, or a complicated expansion string like

  user = "${if eq{$local_part}{abcd}{1234}{\
          ${if eq{$local_part}{wxyz}{5678}{\
          9999}}"

which would be fine for a small number. You could put that option either
on the aliasfile director or the transport.

> That sounds good. Is there a variable that expands to the target file
> in the appendfile transport?

No. I can see what you are getting at here, but it wouldn't be at all
easy to make it work. The reason is that the uid is set up before the
transport is called. Therefore the external code that determines the uid
doesn't have access to the parameters of the transport.

Hmm. Wait. For cases where the file name comes from an alias or
forwarding operation this could be possible, since the file name is a
pseudo-local-part. I will put this item on the wish list.

> One more idea: How about a debug transport that allows to print
> expressions to the console or to the log? That would be handy to be
> able to test what a variable expands to in a given context.

See the debug_print generic option for directors and routers, introduced
in version 2.00.