著者: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] address_file and user rights
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:31:50 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I see. While my current problem was solved by using archive2.pl,
>> it would be a good idea to allow specifying modes and uid/gids for
>> files. Otherwise you would clutter up your configuration with special
>> alias files and special drivers that only serve for _one_ delivery.
>
>The problem is, how to do this other than by special configurations for
>each case? The syntax of alias files is fixed, so there is no way one
>can add uid information to them.

How about specifying uid information for filename patterns in the exim
config file? If an alias expands to a file that fits a pattern
mentioned in the config, set the mode specified there.

>You don't in fact have to clutter your configuration with lots of alias
>drivers. Just one would do:
>
>special_aliases:
> driver = aliasfile
> file = /what/ever
> file_transport = special_file_transport
>
>with the transport like this
>
>special_file_transport:
> driver = appendfile
> user = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/list/of/uids}{exim}}

That sounds good. Is there a variable that expands to the target file
in the appendfile transport?

>Hmm. I see that the manual is missing something. When a delivery to a
>pipe or file is happening, $local_part is not set to the name of the
>file or pipe; it is set to the parent local part, which is exactly what
>you want. I've made a note to fix the manual.

Is that really what I want? I will have to investigate in the
afternoon.

One more idea: How about a debug transport that allows to print
expressions to the console or to the log? That would be handy to be
able to test what a variable expands to in a given context.

Greetings
Marc